S2 Episode 6: Breaking the Sin Cycle Pt. 4
Welcome to the Good and Faithful Show where we inspire, educate and empower you to leverage all that God has given you to bless the nations and advance His Kingdom!
Thank you for joining us for Season 2 Episode 6: Breaking the Sin Cycle Pt. 4. Here you’ll find episode notes and passages discussed, for you to pray and meditate over as we work together to walk in the victory that Christ purchased for us. The Word tells us to confess our sins to one another, and so we will, because we ARE the Good and Faithful!
In this episode we began by reviewing what we’ve covered so far.
Part 1:What is the Sin Cycle
Defined the sin cycle
Distinguished the sin cycle from the process of sanctification
Dove deeper into the nature of sin
Part 2: How to meditate over Scripture
Defined meditation of Scripture and how it is practical
Dove deeper into the nature of the Gospel
Discussed the information fast and introduced the G & F Breaking the Sin Cycle Bible Reading Plan
Part 3: How to find godly counsel
Defined godly counsel
Established biblical basis for needing godly counsel
Discussed how to identify someone who can provide godly counsel
Discussed how to be involved in the process
Now, with that, we stepped into part 4 of our series where we focused on how to confess our sins and how that helps us break free from the sin cycle.
We started off by establishing three reasons why confession of sin is so important:
1. Sin thrives in darkness
2. Sin keeps us from prospering in our mission to bless the nations and advance the Kingdom of God
3. Confession of sins brings about the healing for our souls that we as the Good and Faithful desperately need
We then jumped into how to confess by covering four different, but equally important approaches to confession
1. Confess your sins to God. This seems obvious, but we expounded a little on this by offering a perspective that many often don't consider
2. Confess your sins to a group of Christ-followers. While this may seem intimidating, we explained why this can be so powerful and how God can use confession in a group setting to actually redeem our sins and build up the Body
3. Confess your sins to an individual Christ-follower. We explained the importance of having someone you can come to who can intercede for you and redirect your focus back on Jesus
4. Confess your sins against a specific person. We broke this last approach down by identifying proper motivations behind this and pitfalls to avoid
1 John 1:8-10
1 Peter 2:9
1 John 1:5-8
Thank you for joining us for pt.4 in our Breaking the Sin Cycle series. Click here for more episodes!
Tell your wife, tell your kids, tell your family, tell your friends! We’re telling everybody. We ARE the Good and Faithful!
Tune in to The Good and Faithful Show! A Christian podcast that provides practical “how-to” instruction on various topics which impact the daily life of a Christ-follower.
You can find more practical content on our various G & F Blogs!
Become an official G & F Patron at Patreon. Help us keep the lights on and get the word out about what we’re doing!
You can also check out our G & F Christian Apparel and choose from any one of our originally designed t-shirts or hoodies. All proceeds go to supporting this ministry.
We also invite you to join us on Facebook! Follow us on Instagram and help us show the world what God is doing, by with and through this movement.